I was doing an assessment for a client to determine their readiness for Office 365. One of the tools available from Microsoft to assess the environment is the OnRamp. OnRamp for Office 365 is an automated assistance tool that helps you gather configuration requirements and perform deployment readiness checks against your on-premises environment.
Requirements for running:
- minimum OS Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 9 or above
- Administrative rights on the machine
The following are not mentioned anywhere but are definitely required on the machine as well:
- Windows Azure Active Directory Sign-in Assistant version 7 (downloadable from http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=39267)
- Windows Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell (64-bit version http://g.microsoftonline.com/0BD00en-US/126)
- Windows Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell registration hotfix
- Windows management Framework Core package 2.0 (should already be installed)
Some changes you want to make on the OS include:
- For Windows server, turn off Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration otherwise you will receive the following error:
- Add onramp.office365.com to internet explorer Trusted Sites
This will minimize the number of errors you will get when running the tool. For more detailed information, please visit http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj993929.aspx.