I ran Get-PublicFolderStatistics -Server E2K7ServerName and it did not show anything! Tried numerous attempts and methods to no avail!
In order to resolve this issue, I performed the following steps:
- Dismount the public folder database on the Exchange 2007 server
- Go to the folder path of the EDB file
- delete\move the EDB file
- Go back to the management console and mount the public folder database. You will get a warning that one or more database files is missing. Go ahead and click OK to mount a blank database file.
- You should be able to go to the public folder management console and remove the server from all the system folders’ replication tab.
- Now you can delete the database successfully